Unfathomable Time


It hangs above all our heads,
While often slipping by unnoticed.
Our lives can hold a little,
Or a lot.
Sometimes we find it good,
And sometimes bad.
The point is not the quality,
Or quantity that each one gets,
Or that all are subjected to it's passing.
Rather, in the end the question is,
Have we wasted it,
Or invested it wisely?
~Yours Truly~

I've always said I could not write poetry though all of my siblings and both of my parents do. I enjoy writing riddles however, so I decided to combine the concept of free verse with a riddle. What do you think? More importantly, what is the poem speaking of?

Comments

  1. This is really good. I believe it's talking about time. I wish I could write poetry like that! I love how its a poem and a riddle all rolled into one!
    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gray! It's the first poetry attempt I've ever been willing to share. :)
      And you are correct. The poem is referring to time.

      Delete
    2. It was extremely good! I hope to see more in the future!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words! And, you most certainly must be writing about time. It slips by so quickly for us all! God help us to make the most of it. I wish you good success with your new blog! Thank you for your kind words left at mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! And yes, "time" is the correct answer!

      Delete
  3. Good one, Arnica! Finding the best possible way to utilize our time is a noble challenge for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I cannot write poetry at all, and I really admire this. So true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions (politely please) and be sure to check back later--I respond to every comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: Is My Heart Really in the "Right Spot"?

Our Hearts--His Home

My Safety Line in Depression