I'm Still Busy...and very bored!




My first two water coloring attempts. I still have not finished the painting I shared in my last post.

More than anyone else I know I struggle with boredom. This is not because I have nothing to do. In fact, the busier and more stressed I am the more bored I find myself. I simply require frequent change in my life to keep me interested. (This seems to be a rare characteristic for an INFJ)

If you look up a list of hobbies, or search on Pinterest you will find that I have at least tried a very large portion of them.

For Instance:
Violin
Piano
Gardening
Watercolor
Drawing
Reading
Writing
Blogging
Photography
Graphic Design
Calligraphy
Cooking
Nail Art
Furniture Refinishing/Upcycling
Bicycling
Ultimate Frisbee
Disc Golf (long enough to know I was terrible)
Hiking
Camping
Bird Watching
Volleyball
Snowboarding
Skiing (came away with an injury and the decision to never try it again)
Knitting
Sewing (strongly dislike!!)
Dog Training
Origami
Card Making
Letter Writing
Jewelry Making
Soap Making
Candle Making
Journaling
Scrapbooking
Herbology
History
Interior Decorating
Landscape Design

... and the list goes on.

Some of them have stuck, some were just a phase.

Ultimately however none of them have every left me feeling completely filled. There is always something missing in my satisfaction.

There is one thing however that renews me entirely.

It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle I am trying to cultivate.

Spending time with the Lord. 

When I am feeling restless and discontent I have been trying to stop myself from fretting and instead turn to the Lord. I tell Him how I am feeling and ask Him to make my attitude honor Him. I journal about it (my journal is similar to me writing God letters). I study my Bible.

As is becoming typical of me I have no particular conclusion for this post. Just sharing some of my thoughts. I'd love to hear yours too! Also, do we share any hobbies? I'd be a surprised if there was a person out there with whom I did not share some interest.

Comments

  1. I think I can safely say that we have a few things in common. :P Violin, piano, reading, writing...all that. *nods*

    I'm definitely with you on the spending time with the Lord. I need to constantly remember to refocus my gaze on him over and over throughout every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Quite a few I think. Perhaps that's why we like each other? :)

      Refocus on him throughout the day, yes! I'm so easily distracted from fixing my eyes on the Author and Perfecter of my faith.

      Delete
  2. Excellent post, and very similar to another post I just read, haha. Let's see what we have/had in common. (I'll include things that I don't do anymore.)
    Gardening
    Drawing
    Reading
    Writing
    Blogging
    Photography
    Calligraphy
    Bicycling
    Hiking
    Camping
    Volleyball
    Skiing
    Sewing
    Origami
    Letter writing
    Jewelry making
    Journaling
    Scrapbooking

    Wow, that's a lot!! And that's barely the beginning of everything I've tried too. XD Good moral: spending time with God. And yes, not a hobby, a lifestyle! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice watercolors! :)

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions (politely please) and be sure to check back later--I respond to every comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Hearts--His Home

Modesty: Is My Heart Really in the "Right Spot"?

My Safety Line in Depression