My Dreams

I open my palms,
Feel the pain pour out,
Drip down my fingers,
I'm drenched in doubt.

I have thrown my energy,
Into begging for what I want,
Not what you will.

I tell myself it's okay,
That God commands us, request.
But what I am ignoring,
Is that's only true when it's His best.

I reach out my hands,
Grasping at my dreams,
As they slip past.

I bow my head,
Knowing they must go.
But my rebellious heart,
Wishes it were not so.

They were what I lived for,
They provided my hope,
In them I saw my future.

I lift my face,
Frustration soaking my lashes,
I know they're not right,
But still I beg they'll rise from their ashes.

My gaze needs turned,
My eyes need refocused,
There is One who can help.

His dreams,
His plans:
He promises me a hope,
And a future.
For my good,
And not my harm.

My knees are week with sorrow,
I can no longer stand.
Buckling I bow,
But raise an imploring hand.

My hands at last close,
Around the only thing that is steady.
His promises support me,
With them I am ready.

Dashing away tears,
I grasp the truths in his word,
They open my torn wings,
Once again I am a bird.

My compass recalibrates,
 I know my north,
And I must fly towards Jesus,
Leaving my desires behind.






 

Comments

  1. I love this poem. It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is awesome! It really touched me, because I've felt like that so many times. Thanks for this. :)
    Don't forget what is promised. His love never fails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so encouraged that it touched you!
      Keep holding on to the promises!

      Delete
    2. Yes, we all need to. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so good. I battle with this daily, so thank you! I have to remember that God's plans are always greater than my own and to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to see and believe sometimes to see God's hands in our lives but we have to cling to the knowledge that they really are there!
      Blessing to you Bethany!

      Delete
    2. It really is. Thanks! And to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions (politely please) and be sure to check back later--I respond to every comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: Is My Heart Really in the "Right Spot"?

Our Hearts--His Home

My Safety Line in Depression