Life Is Straightforward//The Rest of the Story



When I was younger I saw that life was simple and straightforward. I knew the right things to do and I knew that if I did them, my life would be pleasant. But that is not always the way God chooses to teach me lessons. Sometimes,  I need to have my life not follow perfect patterns so that I have to lean on Jesus more.

That is the story of Mac.



Since adolescence I have been reading books on purity. Both physical purity and emotional purity. I knew the verses about guarding my heart and also knew that for my own safety I needed to keep my emotions well away from any situations involving suitors.

When Mac appeared on my radar I clamped down hard on any feelings and proceeded in everything with caution. I frequently asked myself if I had a crush on him--the answer was always no. I liked him as a person and a friend but nothing more. I never discussed my feelings with him but stayed in the emotionally free realm of opinions.

Therefore, I should have had no pain when he chose to walk out of my life, correct?

Wrong.

That is not the way life works.

You don't have to be romantically interested in someone for it to cause you pain when they abruptly cut off communication. You can simply be friends. Casual friends even. It's the rejection of you as a person that stings.

I want to thank you all for your kind comments on my last post. They were each a small blessing in a sea of confusion. That said I think some of you may have misunderstood me so let me be very clear here: I was not interested/emotionally involved with Mac and I am not now heartbroken. I was/am upset about the situation but no more or less than I would be had the same thing happened with any other friend or acquaintance.

I will try and learn my lessons without allowing hardened scars of fear to form. I will use this pain I have experienced to encourage others when they go through similar trials. I will accept that the Lord has something to teach me through this and that he brought it about in His perfect wisdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

For those of you who are curious here is a brief telling of the rest of the story:

After days of fuming silence Mac once again contacted us and officially broke off all further discussions. He continued to ignore Facebook posts of mine that he would have previously liked however and I knew he had not forgiven me completely. I prayed for over a week that he would forgive and move on with his life. A few days ago a notification popped up saying he had liked several of my pictures from a recent trip and I take that as an answer to my prayer. 

Hopefully we have both learned and grown closer to the Lord through this.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry. But I am happy that he appears to be trying to get over it. I will keep both of you in my prayers. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that God is working to help him. *nods*
    Also I'd just like to say a thanks for sharing stories like this because...I don't know, it's really /real/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Very real Jane! I'm blessed to hear they are encouraging you though!

      Delete
  3. Oh....Ohhhhhhh. Oops, I misunderstood the last one. Lol
    Well, God's got you either way. I'll pray for you both, and hope all goes well with you. :)
    I remember being rejected by friends and being so...heartbroken, but I healed, and now know that I don't need people to make me happy. I need God. Having people in your life who care and care deeply (marriage wise) is amazing and it helps you, but God's the ultimate healer and our ultimate lover.
    You're handling this very well, and I'm glad. I know for a while I had been bitter, and I know it probably happens to the best of us. Like I said, prayers. You know, we all have our own convictions with God because he has an intimate relationship with all of us (if we let him), and he'll work in us and change our hearts if we don't ignore him. No matter who it is.
    I just re-read your last post and I understand better. Sorry for the confusion, and hope my comment didn't hurt you. Sorry if it did. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all LHE. I wouldn't recommend blogging to anyone who was likely to get hurt by a well meaning comment from someone they know nothing about. :) Your comment was as sweet as ever.
      Very true all of what you said my friend!

      Delete
    2. Oh, good, I was worried there. That's a very good point. :)
      Thank you, I hope to encourage you if i can, and hope that God will speak through me to you. I know he has many things ot say. :)
      It's s weird. i write a comment, and then later I realize that I wanted to add something else, or that I could have worded something differently. Lol
      God bless you,
      Numbers 6:24-26

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions (politely please) and be sure to check back later--I respond to every comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: Is My Heart Really in the "Right Spot"?

Our Hearts--His Home

My Safety Line in Depression