Sometimes I just can't seem to get ahead in life...

Related image

Sometimes I just can't seem to get ahead in life. But then I wonder, is this the way it is for everyone? Maybe I am just a drama queen. Perhaps I make things seem like a bigger deal than they really are? Is God trying to teach me to trust Him more and I am just throwing up my hands and calling it too much?

Last week I had yet another guy approach me professing feelings and hoping to consider the possibility of a relationship. 

I was entirely blindsided by this development.


Mostly because he was ten years older than me and, last I knew, had a powerful (and entirely unreciprocated) crush on my big sister (who is also ten years my senior).

I knew my answer immediately and offered to give it the day he contacted me but he asked for me to hear him out first and I politely agreed. Our talk has ruined our friendship. Not because we were angry at each other but because a whole new element was added to our relationship. And, frankly, it ruined a few other friendships because I am now suspicious and paranoid around all guys.

My Grandmother is moving from six hours away to come live with my parents and I.Yes, I think this is the correct decision. No, I do not think it will be easy. She cannot be left alone and my already busy servant-mother is going to run herself ragged bending over backward to serve her every whim. My father, on the opposite side, does not know how to flex even an inch. Bringing Grandma down here was actually his idea, and he will help, but as I have mentioned before, he and Mom to not make a good team. So being a buffer, and picking up the loose ends left by each of them falls to me. We're still a month away from her move-in date (a week before finals-of course!) and already the tension has started.

All this makes me want to go far away from here.

A stressful consideration in and of itself.

Also, not very helpful when the more hands to take care of Grandma the better.

My natural inclination is to pull away into my own little self-absorbed world of tension  and pain. Stuff it all deep inside and let the darkness overwhelm me until I am aware of nothing else. I have been there before and I swore to myself that I would do whatever it took to not go back.

I remember reading a story once about a woman who had something heartbreaking happen in her life. A moment later, she chased down another woman to ask her how her ailing mother was and how she could be a help. This is very inspiring to me. I never want to become so locked inside myself that I am unaware of the pain others are going through. It may not be true for everyone but I know from experience that the best way to pull myself out of the pit is by pushing someone else out in front of me.
Image result for your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else' fairytale


Comments

  1. I really wish there was something I could do to help you in this crazy tough time, girl. But I'll be praying. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! Prayers are the perfect way to help. <3
      Hope you are doing well, my friend. Sorry I have been so absent on your lovely blog lately!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so much ;/ So sorry life is so hard for you -- but it's in such times as these that we learn some of the most valuable life lessons!

    I myself usually prefer guys a good bit older than myself ;p younger guys are a bit immature ;) But it would be hard if you knew the guy also liked your other sister.

    As for guy friendships in general. They are just tough. Don't pull out of them, because they can be so beautiful (though I completely understand the desire as this is what I nearly did after my first breakup). At the same time it is wise to be cautious in our friendships, to be open to what God may have in this friend for us while being kind to the guy so that we don't hurt that guy in the case that God doesn't mean for us to like this man.

    I really like how you say, "It may not be true for everyone but I know from experience that the best way to pull myself out of the pit is by pushing someone else out in front of me." because it's so true!!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more that these are the times we learn our greatest life lessons. I told someone recently that if I had a time machine I wouldn't use it. God has covered every step in my life, the good or the bad!

      And yes, younger guys can be a immature. I wasn't bothered by his age, just surprised that he was not bothered by mine--knowing the guy. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions (politely please) and be sure to check back later--I respond to every comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: Is My Heart Really in the "Right Spot"?

Our Hearts--His Home

My Safety Line in Depression