30 Day Gratitude Challenge -- Days 7-13



To see the first six days of this challenge as well as the prompts for all thirty click here.
                                                                        March 7th
Prompt: What memory are you grateful for today?
My Answer: This memory only happened last December but it is something I will never forget. One of my very good friends talked me into asking my father to tell a guy that was interested in me to back off. I was very worried about doing this for reasons I don't have the time to discus here but I am very glad she confronted me about these fears and convinced me to take the correct path.

March 8th
Prompt: What book are you most grateful for?
My Answer: The Bible is of course the correct answer but apart from that I would say my high school biology textbook. It opened my eyes to many entirely new areas of interests which eventually lead to the field in which I am currently studying and looking for a job in.

March 9th
Prompt: What place are you most grateful for?
My Answer: My bed...that's embarrassing to admit. It holds me when I am tired, cuddles me when I am sleepy, and embraces me when I am upset. Besides that, it's a pretty and comfortable place to read! :D

March 10th
Prompt: What taste are you grateful for today?
My Answer: (Does anyone else think this is too similar to "What food are you grateful for?"?) I'll say the taste fresh bread. It's rather hard to beat that.

March 11th
Prompt: What holiday are you grateful for?
My Answer: Growing up holidays were not pleasant days. My father did not believe in celebrating most of them because of their pagan origins and would therefore make his public stand by turning them into family work days (I lived on a farm--there's always plenty to do!). The one holiday we did celebrate was Thanksgiving Day. That remains my favorite. 

March 12th
 Prompt: What texture are you grateful for?
My Answer: The fuzziness of the Mickey Mouse on my Christmas sweater which I wore Saturday. Yes, it's out of season but hey, it was in the 30's and snow was in the forecast.

March 13th
Prompt: What abilities are you grateful for today?
My Answer: The ability to heal. My jammed thumb which I mentioned in my last post has healed enough to allow to practice my violin again. (Thank you all very much for the get well wishes by the way!!)

How would you answer these prompts?

Comments

  1. Glad to hear your thumb is healing. Fresh bread is a wonderful taste (and smell)!

    My family doesn't celebrate Christmas or Easter because of the holidays' pagan origins as well, and I think my papa particularly enjoys working on Christmas. But we just treated the days like any other...so I don't have any unpleasant memories of them either. In fact, my whole family staunchly believes in Christmas cookies, even if we don't celebrate the holiday. :D We have a lot of fun getting together for Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany!
      My family was extremely health conscious growing up so we rarely had cookies no matter the holiday. But I can sympathize more now. I sometimes celebrate Valentine's Day by getting the chocolate for a great discount on the 15th! :D
      We now celebrate Christmas by getting our scattered family together for at least one day and reading the Christmas stories from Luke and Matthew. We do this around Christmas mostly because that is when everyone gets time off not necessarily because of the holiday.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions (politely please) and be sure to check back later--I respond to every comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: Is My Heart Really in the "Right Spot"?

Our Hearts--His Home

My Safety Line in Depression